Members, Subscribers and Corporate Partners All Benefit
The Institute has three types of members and three types of subscribers.
The membership types are:
- District member is any public school district or public charter school.
- Risk Group member includes any organization which is in good standing with the applicable regulatory authorities and that is operating as a purchasing entity for insurance on a group basis, a group self-insurance plan, a joint powers authority, an insurance reciprocal or as an insurance company, so long as there remains ultimate control by public school interests.
- Associate member is any public school district or public charter school that is a member of a risk group and is enrolled jointly by the risk group together with other members of the risk group.
The Board of Directors reserves the right to accept or decline applicants or to apply tests to determine qualification.
The subscriber types are:
- Affiliate of the Institute is any nonprofit organization.
- Corporate Partner of the Institute is any business or institution that operates on a for profit basis.
- Friend/Supporter of the Institute is any individual who supports the mission of the Institute and does not have the opportunity to receive communication from the Institute from a member or other type of subscriber.
Subscribers do not have voting privileges. The Board of Directors reserves the right to accept or decline applicants or to apply tests to determine qualification.
Members and Subscribers are considered active for the period of time they are enrolled and keep current on fees and purchases. Rules that apply to the return of fees and other administrative matters may be set by the board of directors from time to time. Benefits of membership and subscription are generally set forth on the pages of this website. For further details or explanation, please contact any member of the staff.
Download the Institute Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.